Mediation Services of Eastern Iowa’s vision is to be a leader in promoting public awareness and use of mediation for cooperative conflict resolution.
To foster effective conflict resolution, MSEI may, among other things, do the following:
- Administer court-connected mediation services in the Iowa District Court for the Sixth Judicial District.
- Expand court-connected mediation services in other judicial districts.
- Provide training, mentoring and professional development for practicing mediators.
- Help assure the existence of affordable mediation services, within both the court system and the community at large.
- Foster development of mediation and conflict resolution programs in the community.
- Establish mediation as the community norm for resolution of disputes, and increase awareness of cultural diversity and the effect of cultural differences on the dynamics of conflict.
- Conduct research and disseminate information in furtherance of developing the field of conflict resolution.
- Work cooperatively with other organizations to accomplish these goals.
Mediation: It's your solution.